* 8# sledge-eye style splitting maul with a 36" American made fiberglass handle.
* Forged tool steel head, Made in USA, with clear lacquer finish to deter rust.
* Heat treatment of bit end produces fine grain structure and Rc 45-50 (Rockwell) for safety and toughness.
* Striking face is intended for driving steel wedges (Council # 5W) that are used in conjunction with splitting logs.
* 36" American-made fiberglass handle, "jacketed style." (Polymer is injection molded around fiberglass pultrusion, similiar to traditional wooden shape.)
* Handle is epoxy bonded to bare metal eye, creating an extremely strong chemical and mechanical bond.